During easter celebrations we set out to finish what we hadn’t – we wanted to finish that tent. Simon, me and Elisabeth gathered at Lunda’s place. He and his wife Ann-Sofie were friendly enough to welcome us into their home – even though it was Ann-Sofie’s birthday. As a birthday gift, me and Eli brought her hand dyed yarn.
We figured we were about half-finished with the tent, and started stitching about 10 in the morning, aiming to work during the night if we had to. We wanted so hard to finish before our event in Morimondo, Italy, in May.
Simon missed the bus and joined us some hours later, but apart from that, we all worked continuously during the day. Even Ann-Sofie joined the work force for a while – incredibly nice of her, as she is not into medieval stuff – yet🙂. The picture to the left shows a grinning Lunda and Ann-Sofie (plus a freakishly big pile of tent), both working hard.
As the day progressed into evening, Simon pulled out a bottle of Bowmore to strengthen our weary spirits and aching fingers. We countered him by pulling out another bottle that we bought for his birthday some days before. This pic shows Lunda having a well earned dram.
As we were close to finishing the tent, we discussed the matter of an earlier mistake – when we first cut the pieces for the tent, we made them way too long. They were supposed to be 280 centimetres long, but due to a misinterpretation of a sketch, we cut them 350 centimetres long instead. We brought the nearly finished tent out in the dark yard to test it. Me and Lunda had gone scouting for a centre pole earlier, and with the help of Ann-Sofie’s family (they were there for the birthday dinner – I cooked fish soup for the occasion), we managed to raise the tent to see how if our mistake would make it look silly or ”wrong”. We decided that it was a bit too pointy, and we went back to cutting fabric again. Next pic shows Simon measuring to cut another piece.
That extra piece was too much for us. We worked until 11 in the evening, and decided to call it a day, even if we were not finished. Me and Eli took it home to finish it. Perhaps Lunda will join us some weekend to help. Otherwise, it’s not much left – we will fix the top part of the ”roof” and hem the bottom. We figure it will take us 10 or 15 hours more work, but then it will be finished – and it will be roomy enough to shelter more or less all of the guys in Albrechts Bössor – and you, if you decide to tag along!